• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Going through a hard time now...

Started by Alpine, January 05, 2009, 04:41:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpine

I hesitate to post this as I don't like bringing my problems public, but I'm at a low point right now. I'm at a really bad place. Been looking for a job since May, and I've had so many rejections I've lost count. My morale and my emotional strength is at it's lowest ebb in a long time.

Beyond this, my thinking pattern has become very negative as I've become very depressed.

Added to this are my physical problems which seems to get worse month by month. First my breathing issues the past year, now I keep having chest pains, I think due to muscle issues in my chest.

The worst thing is I've begun thinking God has forgotten me.

My testimony had always been that God is faithful no matter what.

In my heart of hearts, now I don't even believe that.

I've been praying for a breakthrough and for help for nearly a decade now.

It's been a downhill slide, but the last few years the slide has come very fast.

I'm completely out of answers. Everything seems to be falling apart and the future looks very dim. I can't even make plans for a week ahead as I can't even imagine a tomorrow.

I don't know what to do.
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

bill16652

It would be easy to tell you to stand but more helpful to tell you that in my life I have always had many low points and each time God has brought me through.  Financially I had absolutely nothing and God opened doors that I didnt know existed and provided.  I have not worked for ten years by the way but God was and is faithful.  Have I always liked it or believed that it would work out, no but God always brought me through.  Brother, I know words are cheap and I truly wish I could do more but I do want you to hang onto the fact that God is faithful.  I will be praying for you ernestly.

The Lord is my banner

Dear brother Alpine, I'm so sorry it's all looking so bleak for you.  Keep on holding on.   (((((Hug)))))

I enjoy your posts, you bring light and a breath of fresh air into so many threads.   
I wish I could say something that would make it better, more bearable, but all I can say is I understand how it feels to be in a bad situation regarding career and finances and to have health issues on top of that.

All I can do is remind you that God is still good, He does still care, but as for His plans and purposes, or when healing will come, it's all beyond me to explain. 

Sometimes you might drop your own end of the rope for a bit, I know I often do... but Jesus has a firm grip on His end, and He's got us securely tied in.

Today, just hold on to one thing... this one thing which has beenenough for me at times when I understood nothing else, and it will befor you -
"I know my Redeemer lives."

I pray good things begin to happen in key areas of your life very soon.

sharonl

As has been said 'words are cheap.' - There are no words to help in times such as this - I am surrounded by people that are at wits end and no place to turn - my heart is breaking and I don't know what to say anymore.

I get calls in tears, no money, no food, no homes - I know we are suppose to help - but there is only so much to go around and I have helped and helped and helped - I have family that I have to help right now - I don't know what do at this point also.

Words are so empty when your needs are so great - my heart breaks to see God's loyal children brought to the point of questioning the answer to prayers.

On top of all these in such need - I had a friend whose son is homeless - had to go to the hospital for an MIR on his knee - said that he gets $30,000 a year in medical benefits from the government, but you have to really be (can't think of the word I want - starts with indg - meaning homeless) - $30,000 - he is homeless because he is on drugs, booze and male prostitution. Go figure.

Alpine - you are such a blessing to us here - don't feel like you have to be on top of the mountain all the time with us - tell us when you are down so we can pray with you and for you.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

flaglady

When a prisoner languishes in a dark cell, it is a wondrous thing when  shaft of sunlight comes through his window. Lord, I pray you send - not just a shaft - but a great horizon of sunlight into our brother's life. Rescue him from this slough of despond and answer his pleas for relief. Only You can provide, dear Lord. Only You. And we will stand in the gap for this dear man until the day You reach down and bless him.

Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.
1 Chron 4:10

In Jesus' holy name .....

Sarah

Father,

Thank you for always being there for us no matter what.  For being our light when the darkness tries to snuff You out.  Pour out all the things that are precious and good.  Bring hope when it seems hopeless and peace among the pain.  Awaken our hearts and soothe the pain that goes so deep.  Breathe into our spirits with a refreshing flow that enfolds us into your arms.  Be our hope and strength....covering us with your love.

This is my prayer for you Alpy, because you are so dear to us here.  We are honored to help lend a shoulder when you need it.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

churchlady

Quote from: Alpine on January 05, 2009, 04:41:10 pm
I hesitate to post this as I don't like bringing my problems public, but I'm at a low point right now. I'm at a really bad place. Been looking for a job since May, and I've had so many rejections I've lost count. My morale and my emotional strength is at it's lowest ebb in a long time.

Beyond this, my thinking pattern has become very negative as I've become very depressed.

Added to this are my physical problems which seems to get worse month by month. First my breathing issues the past year, now I keep having chest pains, I think due to muscle issues in my chest.

The worst thing is I've begun thinking God has forgotten me.

My testimony had always been that God is faithful no matter what.

In my heart of hearts, now I don't even believe that.

I've been praying for a breakthrough and for help for nearly a decade now.

It's been a downhill slide, but the last few years the slide has come very fast.

I'm completely out of answers. Everything seems to be falling apart and the future looks very dim. I can't even make plans for a week ahead as I can't even imagine a tomorrow.

I don't know what to do.

Thank you for sharing with us, Alpine.  I know that was not easy.  Would you mind being more specific about the breathing issues.  Do you have asthma?  Usually I would post a prayer, but in this case, I sense I need to seek the Lord a little while first, as to how to pray.
De Oppresso Liber

Rachel Faith

I was in that place. I don't know what to tell you though, because for every person, it takes something else and it's for a different reason. For me, this situation was what I needed to broken. And it didn't stop there. It got worse. I had to get the point where I didn't know what else to do. I got so depressed I just quit. I quit trying and I actually got mad at God. And in my anger at God, I just finally screamed at him one day "Fine! I quit! Do whatever you want!". And whatever happened, I just went with it. I quit making plans.

Then it got better. Mark Lowry says his favorite part of the bible is where it says "And it came to pass". I have no advice. I'm no better than you. I can only say that this too shall pass, and if you need an ear, I'm here for you. You are my brother and I really do care about you. I wanna see you succeed. And I'll walk with you while you get through this. I'm praying for you. If you need anything, let me know. I mean that.
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Alpine

Thank you for your responses and prayers Rachel, Chuchlady, Sarah, Flaglady, Sharonl, The Lord is my banner and Bill!

Your words mean a lot to me.

To be honest, when I logged on this morning, I was thinking, if therewere few responses I'll just delete the thread. I felt kind ofembarrassed I posted it, and I hate complaining like this and being adowner for people.

Churchlady, I have charcot marie tooth disease, a form of muscular dystrophy.

Thanks everyone for your responses, I appreciate your words and just for being there.

jeolmstead

Alpine,

God has not forgotten us. (In spite of the fact that I feel this way sometimes).

I often find myself trying to live in either the past, which I can not change or in the future which I can not know.

Our God is "present tense" He is "I Am" (not I was, or I will be). I may not find a job today, but, I can find Him if I rest in the present and stop worrying about the past and the future.

I know I am not telling you anything you don't know already.

"Lord help my friend"
John O.

Pete

Alpine, I've held off on responding, because I didn't want to just give you a canned response.  I wish I had the right words to say to make it all OK, but unfortunately I don't.

It's times like this when we stand there and praise Him in the storm.  Not that we're thanking Him for our circumstances, but IN all things, we give thanks.

I know that's easy to say, and so hard to do when it seems like everything is against you and you can't seem to find God.  But it is the trying of our faith that works patience in us.  He's right there beside you.  He hasn't forsaken you.  It's just sometimes we can't see Him through the circumstances.

I pray that God will show Himself strong on your behalf in such a way that it strengthens your faith beyond what you ever thought possible.

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Wordsmith

I believe God has a job for you Alpine. I believe that God has provided for
your healing. This is what I am praying to God about for you Alpine. Amen.
Be as loving as the Truth allows, even if it's
mis-interpreted,
because everyone  you meet is fighting
some kind of battle.

DianeL

Alpine, hang in there and we'll hang in there with you.................
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Alpine

Thanks for the responses and prayers.

In truth, some things are shifting to the positive. For example, our health insurance kicked in last week. So, yesterday we got new glasses. And, now I need to find a doctor and a dentist.

I thank God for that. We had been without insurance for almost 3 years.

Some days are darker than others.

The funny thing is I know why I've been going through these rough times, but it's still hard.

Really hard.

In the end, God is still faithful, though it doesn't always seem that way.

That is still my testimony.

flaglady

The light at the end of the tunnel ... isn't always a train!

flyingsum0

leadworship

Father God, thank you for what you have given to us in Alpine, and I pray that blessing has been returned.  Holy Spirit, please comfort Alpine in a way that only you and he knows, and in so doing making it a soft reminder that you've not only not forgotten him, but are gently holding him now.  Lord Jesus I thank you for what you have done so that Alpy and myself can come to the throne undeserving, and be accepted like children.  Lord I thank you again for your unending love.  In Jesus' name I offer this to you, Amen.