• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Who are the ones that God gave to Jesus?

Started by sharonl, January 03, 2009, 12:55:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sharonl

John 6:38-40 For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will. 39 And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day. 40 For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life...."

Is this where pre-destined comes in.

If this means pre-destined - then God has no obligation to the unbelieving people from the very start. This is very hard to understand. If this is the case - why do we pray for the lost, God will bring them around.

Not my belief, just questions that have been ask of me.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

Alpine

I have always took that to mean his disciples.
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Wordsmith

January 03, 2009, 02:27:07 pm #2 Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 07:12:23 pm by Wordsmith
To me, it's all about predestination for every believer. I know we all think we had to play a
part in our salvation. But it's still all His doing. I remember Jesus telling the discipals "remember
you have not chosen me, but I have chosen you." I was thinking when God has chosen you, what
did the apostles do? They immediatley left what they were doing in life, and followed Jesus. That's
not normal behavior..so was it their choice? Jesus said it wasn't.  I really don't think choice was a part of it. I do believe all are called, but not all are chosen, which excludes a choice.
Be as loving as the Truth allows, even if it's
mis-interpreted,
because everyone  you meet is fighting
some kind of battle.

DianeL

If someone were to ask me that question, I would respond that yesterday I was an unbeliever and today, I am a believer, so, since we do not know who is called into the kingdom, I would continue to pray for the lost, and every opportunity Holy Spirit gives, help anyone who wants to, to come into the revelation knowledge of Jesus.

Yes, it is His Plan, but isn't it an honour to participate however your beliefs are in pre-destination.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Sarah

This is where free will and Him giving us the choice comes in.  He has called us to "Go", so I'm taking it as that's still very important.  I find that tuning into Him helps me figure out what to do in each situation.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....