A heart full of fear and conspiracies under every rock.

Started by charityagape, January 01, 2009, 03:35:58 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

charityagape

Hi all, miss yall lots.  I've been busy and haven't posted much, but somethings been on my mind of late.

So many people seem to have lost their minds (and hearts) to fear.  All around me I hear people talking about buying up can goods and generators and gold so they can be prepared for the horrible times that are coming.

And the talk is fear this fear that, BE AFRAID.

What happened to God has not given us a spirit of fear?  But of power and of love and of a sound mind. I say if people want to prepare for the times ahead (be they good or bad) they need to stock up on the Word, not gas and gold and can goods.

Pete

Quote from: charityagape on January 01, 2009, 03:35:58 PM

What happened to God has not given us a spirit of fear?  But of power and of love and of a sound mind. I say if people want to prepare for the times ahead (be they good or bad) they need to stock up on the Word, not gas and gold and can goods.

Amen Charity!

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

bill16652

To clarify, I do not fear nor do I promote fear but I do prepare as God directs to lay up things that I and others will have need of.  I know that God is directing many in different areas to prepare.  To be blind and not hear God is the biggest problem within the church today along with selfishness as so many have put finances and their weay ofd life ahead of God and others.  This is justt an observation of the church in general and not a judgement of anyone in particular but I do know that this is a country and a church filled with many Gods and God will judge spiritual sin the quickest of all.  To say that nothing is coming is ignoring the porophets of God and what He is telling people which is to prepare.

flaglady

Even the pharoah appointed Joseph to lay up stores against the coming famine. That was Joseph's destiny.

Alpine

Same thing happened when Bill Clinton became president and of course Y2K.
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Wordsmith

January 01, 2009, 04:17:51 PM #5 Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 04:43:51 PM by Wordsmith
Sometimes I think it's a good idea if God has revealed to you to "stock up", but if I don't hear him say something like that, such as there's going to be a famine in the land or something so lay some away for yourself..if the Spirit of God isn't leading me to do so, I sort of have this idea that my family and I would be number one on someones hit list to take away what we've put away. So I'm looking for God to provide daily for all present, with probably nothing left over for thieves to steal. That would be a miracle of Gods daily provision. And there's no end to that supply.
[SIZE=2][B][COLOR=#000080]Be as loving as the Truth allows, even if it's[/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080][B]mis-interpreted,
because everyone  you meet is fighting
some kind of battle.[/B][/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Pete

Quote from: bill16652 on January 01, 2009, 03:39:57 PM
To say that nothing is coming is ignoring the porophets of God and what He is telling people which is to prepare.

Please don't take offense to this, but prophets of God, which I truly believe exist and operate today, are mouthpieces for our Father.  The problem is, many of these "prophets" sound nothing like our Father.

The Bible is clear that as the end approaches, many false prophets will rise up. A while back, I posted my thoughts on that passage of scripture in this thread;  http://www.hisgraceoasis.com/index.php?topic=1098.0]http://www.hisgraceoasis.com/index.php?topic=1098.0[/URL]

My point is, I am becoming very leary of "prophets" who do not emulate my Father.  The Bible says that His sheep know His voice, and the voice of a stranger they will not follow.  Many of the prophecies I've heard are not a familiar "voice" to me.

That said, there is never anything wrong with being prepared. Certainly God called Joseph to prepare for the famine.  But I just don't believe that there is a current prophetic calling for preparation, because the "prophetic voice" I am hearing does not sound like my Father.  It sounds very much like it did back before Y2K, when everyone was storing up water and purchasing generators.

bill16652

Actually I do not say the skyn is falling or attribute anything to any one event but I do read revelation and I do see countries lining up according to Ezekiel and I see the nonth chapter of Daniel becoming a vwery real possibility.  Add to this the fact that for a long time this country has been headed down the wrong path and that is fact, we are nothing compared to what we were and if this is not a plan of someones then we are very inlucky because even the most inept leaders would get it right once in awhile and we seem to have lost that.  Aside from the Illominati and other conspiricy theories that many discount just look at the coondition of this country and what is coming for sure.  Even the government admits that terror attacks are when and not if for this land and they can get very nasty with what is out there and has anyone looked at Russia lately?  How about China?  The Muslims?  Something is coming and within a short time I believe and yes God does tell people to lay up food,, medical supplies, etc.  God will provide supernatiurally for us but only when we have done that which we are directed to do.  Even Elijah would have starved to death if he had missed God and been someplace other than where God told him or missed His voice as the ravens were directed to be  a certain place at a certain time, only God could direct him and if he couldnt hear God or had been to worried or busy then he would have starved to death

Pete

But my question is, how much food and water could you possibly lay up?  Even if I stuffed my basement to the brim full of food and water, I'd be lucky if it lasted more than a month or two with my family of 4.

I also agree that obedience to God's voice is key.  But again, none of the prophecies I've heard resemble God's voice, nor have I been directed by God personally to store up food and water.

People have been predicting the end times for as long (possibly longer) than I've been alive.  All of them have been wrong.  Jesus tells us this, concerning the end times;

[I][COLOR=#ff0000][B]Matthew 24:6 (AMP)[/B]
And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not frightened or troubled, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.[/COLOR][/I]

The end is not yet.  Jesus warns us later in that same chapter that the Love of many is going to wax cold.  He tells us repeatedly in Matthew 24 to see that we are not frightened, worried, or troubled, and warns us to guard our hearts, so that our Love does not fade away.  That is, I believe, how we need to prepare.  We need to guard our hearts, because as iniquity and lawlessness increases, it's going to be harder and harder to show the Love of God to people.

bill16652

First the towns and cities would not be safe nor would you keep your stuff very long.  If martial law is declared for civil disobedience or protection or whatever else is used they have a right to take everything you have let alone the gangs and thieves.  Just as the Jewish have Petra I believe that the Christian will have many places across this land to be at Gods direction and I believe that there are Christians being led to lay this stuff up for those that will need led out and as far as lasting how long do you need provisions to get  a garden in and harvested and how much do you know of living off the land as the indian did?  How much do we need, only God knows.

flaglady

I often think that, Bill, when I've watched people stocking up their supermarket trollies with stuff like prepared meals - even baked, mashed or roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings. People today are going to be totally lost if (when) the current marketing infrastructure fails. Few people know how to bake their own bread, for instance and I'm not talking about using bread making machines! That's the kind of thing that concerns me.

On BBCtv a few years ago there was a programme called "Survivors" which told of the survivors of a plague that decimated almost the entire population of the planet. Those left behind had to start from scratch learning how construct and maintain a generator, how to care for and milk cows, how to make tools, pots and fabric. How to manage illness and injury without doctors or drugs of any kind. It was a very interesting exercise in defining what we would have to do without and how we would cope. But scary.

charityagape

"But scary" is just the point.

Why should we be scared?  Scared enough to stock up on all the material things we're gonna need.  THINGS that could be very easily stolen from you by people who didn't store up those things.  We can't rely on stock piles to save us, we can only rely on God to save us.

Not to say, that if you KNOW that God told you to do something, then by all means you DO IT.  But out of obedience, not out of fear that it won't be available next week.

On a side note, I do find it very sad that people DON'T know how to do things like bake and grow gardens and sew etc.  Those are arts and talents lost forever for the sake of convenience.

Leah

Quote from: charityagape on January 01, 2009, 03:35:58 PM
Hi all, miss yall lots.  I've been busy and haven't posted much, but somethings been on my mind of late.

So many people seem to have lost their minds (and hearts) to fear.  All around me I hear people talking about buying up can goods and generators and gold so they can be prepared for the horrible times that are coming.

And the talk is fear this fear that, BE AFRAID.

A loud "AMEN!" over here, sis!
The apostasy is the falling away of what God has ordained and falling away from truth.

flaglady

No, no - [B]THAT[/B] scary was how many things the characters in the play had to manage without and how innovative they had to be to either recreate them or manage without.

charityagape

The Lord is my banner

Jo, they've remade "Survivors" and the first series just finished.  The premise is that 90% of the entire human race died of a flu-like illness.

The remaining 10%, most of whom are trying to make a new life and co-operate to use their skills together in rebuilding society, are under constant threat from little groups of men with guns who just want to steal and destroy. 

If that's how it would be, and I suspect it would, then there's no hope at all if such a thing happened.
[CENTER][LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Navy]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT][/CENTER]

bill16652

First of all our hope is in Christ and God would take care of those that hear Him and have been obedient as far as what to do and get.  When I say God is our hope that is depejmndant on ovedience.  We do not abide in the shadow of the almighty withjout it, we are not in Gods will unless we do it.  These are all spiritual principles.  The practical that God shows me is how do you make bread without flour?  Did you know that the plants and trees around you are edi ble and some make good flour or that a pine tree is 100 per cent usable?  How about hunting, trapping, fishing?  These are just some of the things.

goofy

i know how to do a lot (but not all) of the homesteadding skills. the one thing i lack is the land with which to do them. fortunately the knowledge doesn't go away.

GiantSlayer23

i don't know about y'all, but I ain't planning on being here to worry about stored food and water.  Jesus said that we are to store up treasures in Heaven, not on earth.  Let people by all the gold and other precious metals they want, I'm storing up Love, Compassion, Mercy, Grace, and Faith.  That's all I need to keep in my storehouse.  Everybody gets so worked up about the "end times".  Worring about food shortages and martial law, letting fear run their lives.  Take all your stuff, bury it in a bunker hundreds of feet underground, and hide from the distruction that's coming.  It will not be you any good.  God's not going to let you into heaven because you ten million dollars in gold bricks.  I'm going to a place that has roads made out of gold bricks.  It really surprises me that so many christians worry and surrender to fear.  We are going to a better place.  The last time I read Revelation, all the really bad stuff doesn't happen until after Jesus comes back for God's children.  I'm not woried about what happens after that because I'm not planning on being here. 

God is in control.  sometimes it doesn't seem like it, but He is.  I have no fear over wht the future holds.  I struggled for a long time with a spirit of fear.  It controled and consumed me.  Every hour was spent worring about this or that, trying to control everyting myself.  It didn't work.  I sank deeper into the fear and worry.  Praise to the Father for rescueing me out of that state of being.  that's no way for one of God's children.  let the world tear itself apart, destroy itself with greed and anger.  [B]MY GOD IS IN CONTROL.[/B]  No Fear will ever overtake me or cause me to doubt my Heavenly Father.
May His Grace surround you and His Love keep you!

bill16652

Quote from: GiantSlayer23 on January 02, 2009, 03:06:26 PM
i don't know about y'all, but I ain't planning on being here to worry about stored food and water.  Jesus said that we are to store up treasures in Heaven, not on earth.  Let people by all the gold and other precious metals they want, I'm storing up Love, Compassion, Mercy, Grace, and Faith.  That's all I need to keep in my storehouse.  Everybody gets so worked up about the "end times".  Worring about food shortages and martial law, letting fear run their lives.  Take all your stuff, bury it in a bunker hundreds of feet underground, and hide from the distruction that's coming.  It will not be you any good.  God's not going to let you into heaven because you ten million dollars in gold bricks.  I'm going to a place that has roads made out of gold bricks.  It really surprises me that so many christians worry and surrender to fear.  We are going to a better place.  The last time I read Revelation, all the really bad stuff doesn't happen until after Jesus comes back for God's children.  I'm not woried about what happens after that because I'm not planning on being here. 

God is in control.  sometimes it doesn't seem like it, but He is.  I have no fear over wht the future holds.  I struggled for a long time with a spirit of fear.  It controled and consumed me.  Every hour was spent worring about this or that, trying to control everyting myself.  It didn't work.  I sank deeper into the fear and worry.  Praise to the Father for rescueing me out of that state of being.  that's no way for one of God's children.  let the world tear itself apart, destroy itself with greed and anger.  [B]MY GOD IS IN CONTROL.[/B]  No Fear will ever overtake me or cause me to doubt my Heavenly Father.
O agree that God is in control and I agree that we are not to worry but who do you thuink directs me to ghet certain things.  What Ihave been shown is that persecution is coming and that God is preparing some all across this nation to help thosde who either were not led to do this or were just not hearing God.  Yes, I believe in a pre trib rapture but I also believe that the church nespecially in this country is going to be refined by persecutions and many other things. 

Go Up