• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
October 23, 2019, 08:10:10 pm

Little Stressed

Started by 8 iron, December 22, 2008, 06:46:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

8 iron

Okay, I know there's tons of folks who spend Christmas all alone. That will be me this year. Last year I was alone for Christmas Eve, however, the kids came over the next morning and I had them for the next 2-3 days.

This year I get them on Christmas Eve, however, they go back to their moms at 9am on Christmas Day. Then I have the next 3 days alone! I'm trying not to stress. However, I'm already feeling lonely.

Again, I'm not feeling self-pity as I realize there are others who are worse off than me. I'm trying to have a upbeat and positive attitude. However, I'm a little stressed about it. So please for comfort of the Holy Spirit. Thanks...

Sarah

December 22, 2008, 06:49:53 pm #1 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 07:56:58 pm by Sarah
We can call you and put you on speaker phone on Christmas night while the kids are playing with their toys.  There's never a dull moment here. 
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

DianeL

I'm sorry to hear that, for myself, I've spent some Christmas's at friends houses when I lived far from home. It was nice.  Sara's invite sounds pretty good.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Sarah

We do have three way calling so you are more than welcome to join in too Diane. 
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

DianeL

Thanks Sarah, but I'm now back in the family zone, it actually feels strange a bit to be able to go to my sister's house.  I'm still getting used to it (2 yrs now).
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

j4gong

I know exactly how you feel 8 iron. My older two children left today at four o'clock to go to their fathers house. They won't be back until 1 pm on Friday. I miss them like crazy. I really don't think it's stress, I think it is sadness. I know I am sad. I have two other children that are with me all the time, but a part of me is missing. We won't celebrate christmas until the 26th. Not even the younger two kids. Well not at home anyway. We'll go to my inlaws on christmas, and they will have some gifts to open there, but not at home until friday. I know it seems mean to make them wait, but they know that we are santa and I don't feel right having christmas without my whole family being home. My thoughts will be with you on christmas day. You won't be alone, God will be right there with you. He will be holding his arms out to you. I know that is what he is doing right now with me. There is still pain and sadness, but I know that God feels my pain and sadness and that I am not alone. I know I don't have to carry it by myself.  Right now I put them and myself in God's loving arms, because I know that if it's hard for me, it is just as hard for my kids and they need the love and strength of the Father just as much as I do.  I hope this helps you a little bit, maybe we can all agree on a time to be in the chat room on christmas, so that we have each other and no one is alone.

If anyone finds this to be a good Idea set up a time and I will be there.
Our Father who is in Heaven, holy is your name. Your kingdom come Your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven! Thank you God for all the wonderful blessings in my life.

Prosperity

Quote from: 8 iron on December 22, 2008, 06:46:03 pm
Okay, I know there's tons of folks who spend Christmas all alone. That will be me this year. Last year I was alone for Christmas Eve, however, the kids came over the next morning and I had them for the next 2-3 days.

This year I get them on Christmas Eve, however, they go back to their moms at 9am on Christmas Day. Then I have the next 3 days alone! I'm trying not to stress. However, I'm already feeling lonely.

Again, I'm not feeling self-pity as I realize there are others who are worse off than me. I'm trying to have a upbeat and positive attitude. However, I'm a little stressed about it. So please for comfort of the Holy Spirit. Thanks...

I feel for you.  I probably spent about 20 Christmases alone.  Now I have family, but the outgoing $$$$$$$$ is something else.  I have emptied my billfold about four times so far this Christmas.

If it gets bad, end me an email and I will give you my phone number if you want to join us telephonically.

Hisgirl

Brad, can't you go down to your folks?  Spend a day or two with them?

Has anyone invited you to come over for a meal or to visit?  Take them up on it for sure!

I wished you were closer...we'd have you over for dinner and a movie.  Love you brother...
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

flyingsum0

Come to NJ bro you can patrol the streets with me :)

I gots the family coming to me for Christmas Eve then Mom's for Christmas day but I work a 24 hour shift as of 5pm Christmas day...but i get paid a bonus for it so it helps take a junk out of this years Christmas Credit card bills so its all good!

Merry Christmas Brother you'll never be alone cause Jesus is gonna be there partying with ya!