• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Nut Cakes opposing Rick Warren at President's Swearing In

Started by sharonl, December 21, 2008, 10:15:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Some good thoughts, Stephen.

We were watching VH1's top 100 songs of the 1990's last night, and the number two song was "One" by U2.

As I recalled this song, I felt God speaking to me, saying, "These are the kinds of things you need to be leary of, not people who may differ doctrinally from you but point people to Me."

One is a song about unity, world peace, etc.   But it is absent of the One whose birth we celebrate these next days, who gives the only True peace.  "We Are The World" was a great song, but it was also false, devoid of the One True peace.

The one world religion will not point people to Christ.  It will be a false peace, completely devoid of the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Prosperity

December 24, 2008, 02:25:08 pm #21 Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 03:13:01 pm by Prosperity
Then I guess you all have a lot to learn about Warren, CGM and Ecumemenicalism. 

This purpose driven stuff on its face is not in line with the Word.  The Lord leads, as in leading sheep to green pastures.  The devil drives, as in driving cattle.

God will show you the truth about this business if you would let him, and for all of your sakes and the sakes of those who you may influence, I hope you let Him . 

I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but I offer this example of Warrens deception.  Warren says many things that do not line up with the Word of God and he is not dong this because he is being led of the Spirit or because he is paying attention to what the Word says.   This one is huge because it places relationship with people over relationship with Jesus, unity over truth, organizational cohesion over the Word of God.  It also becomes the basis for people to prefer developing and maintaining relationships with others over paying attention to the Word.  Like I said, I spent two years in a purpose-driven church and most of that time I spent asking the wolf in sheep's clothing pastor why he was ignoring the Word.  The real basis for this manipulation is to foster friendships between people and then shovel deception into them one bite at a time while evolving them in some sort of work for their church.  Most people will simply swallow rather than give up the friends they think they have made.  Most people do not want to admit all the work time they were obliged to give to the organization was a mistake.  It is a very very subtle and effective method of deceptive indoctrination.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58942

"As pastors, as shepherds of God's people, it's our job to protect our congregations from Satan's greatest weapon - disunity," he writes.

It's not always easy, but it's what we've been called to do."

"Rick Warren makes a spiritually fatal error when he proclaims, without any biblical authority, that Satan's greatest weapon is disunity. That is simply not true. The Bible reveals over and over again that even one spirit-filled believer can stand up against Satan. God is not impressed with numbers. He doesn't need numbers for victory. He doesn't care about big churches. He doesn't care about the cathedrals of men. He wants numbers only because He is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9).

No, Satan's greatest weapon is hardly disunity. His greatest weapon since his fall and since the Garden of Eden has been deception. In fact, Satan loves unity - as long as those unified are knowingly or unknowingly serving him. He'd love for all of us to "go to hell in a handbasket."

This is also interesting.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58870 

Now, this is a good word?

Pete

Joseph Farah clearly underestimates the power of unity/disunity;

Genesis 11:6 (KJV)
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Because the people were in unity, and they all set out to do the same thing, God said nothing would be able to restrain them from that which they imagined to do.

So what did God do to stop them?  He broke their unity.

Genesis 11:7 (KJV)
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Prosperity

December 25, 2008, 01:25:56 am #23 Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 02:09:03 am by Prosperity
Quote from: Pete on December 24, 2008, 04:17:56 pm
Joseph Farah clearly underestimates the power of unity/disunity;

Genesis 11:6 (KJV)
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Because the people were in unity, and they all set out to do the same thing, God said nothing would be able to restrain them from that which they imagined to do.

So what did God do to stop them?  He broke their unity.

Genesis 11:7 (KJV)
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

I have no clue why you say the author underestimates anything.  He was not giving estimations.  He simply stated a scriptual fact that is commonly accepted among Christians who know the Word, which is that deception is the most powerful weapon the devil has to use against man.  Deception of man is in the devil's arsenal, not God's.  On the other hand, disunity can be used by God to solve a problem or used by the devil to cause problems, like ungodly disunity.

You cite a perfect example of God using disunity to solve a problem. The people at the Tower of Babel were deceived, which is why they were doing the stupid things they were doing.  Deception was the Devil's principle tool by which he convinced the arrogant tyrant Nimrod to order the hubristic act of defiance against God.  Disunity via confounding languages was God's solution, not the devil's solution to Nimrod's deception.

There are several other places in the Bible where God uses disunity to solve a problem.  Can you think of any?   There also can be found example of the devils deceiving Christinas to the point of disunification.

Every stupid thing man has ever done from Adam until now is the result of deception, believing a lie rather than the truth.  Demonic disunity is the result of deception.  Two people can't walk in truth and not be in unity.

So, let me try to make clear the author's point, although I don't know how I could improve on the clarity of what he said. 

Warren is absolutely in error when he says that disunity is the devil's greatest weapon.  The Bible is clear that deception, not disunity, is the primary and most powerful tool of the devil against man from Adam's first sin to our last sin.  He tried to used deception on Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. 

Satan was a liar from the beginning, not a disunifier from the beginning, although his lies do result in disunity at some level, like disunifying man with God's truth. 

As a matter of fact the devil used deception to unify Adam and Eve in sin while disunifying them from God.  Eve was deceived while Adam, although not deceived about the devil's lie, yielded to to his wife's will rather than God's will. 

Ungodly disunity, like Church splits, is the result of deception, not the other way around.  Demonic disunity flourishes where first people have been deceived.  On the other hand, Godly disunity is used to limit the power of deception as in the case of the Tower of Babel.

...but back to the point...  The author was not debating the advantages/disadvantages of unity/disunity.  He was stating a simple truth.  Warren completely misrepresents the truth about the primary tool of the devil, which is deception, not disunity.  This is why Satan is called the father of lies.

Pete, I am not upset with you as I write this, even though for what ever reason you seem intent on being in disunity with me on anything I post.  The thing is, I have been there and done that when it comes to the Purpose Driven agenda and God showed me that it was a lie.  Further, I have been kind enough to tell you something of the Propose Driven manipulations, for your sake not mine.  Also,  I have read a number of testimonies from former members of Warrens' congregation that mirrors my experience with his theology.

Warren's deception rests in the fact that he is a CGM Ecumenicalist who is trying to unify religions, made up of the saved and unsaved, by manipulating people to accept his teachings.  On the other hand, Jesus does not unify religions.  He brings the body of Christ into the unity of our faith. 

The following verse blows a hole through seeker friendly Ecumenical theology.

Matthew 10:33-37 (King James Version)
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Warren's theology drives people, saved and unsaved, to submit to his deceptions like cattle, while God's love calls the unsaved to repentance and leads his saved children in truth, like sheep to the clear water and green pastures. 

Tell you what...  I think you once told me that both of your parents were Rhema graduates.  Without explanation, predisposition or equivocation, ask them if Kenneth Hagin taught that deception is the most powerful weapon that Satan uses against man.  Then ask them if they agree with Hagin.  Let me know if they said "yes and yes" or "yes and no" or "no and no".  ...and tell me whatever else they say.

Then answer me a question if you please.  Is our (you and me) disunity the result of the truth or a lie?  Is it of God or the devil?

Interesting conversation though.    

Alpine

Quote from: Stephen Worrell on December 24, 2008, 01:15:52 pm
I'm not a big Rick Warren fan, but to be honest, I don't think any emissaries of Satan are going to be anti-abortion, nor will they be against gay marriage. Of course, being anti-gay marriage, and trying to push legislation along those lines, doesn't mean anything in this day and time - look at Ted Haggard.  But nonetheless, Rick Warren doesn't strike me as being part of the One-World Anti-Christ conspiracy.

Heck, me and a friend noticed so much how fundamentalists try to figure out the Anti-Christ, that we came up with this joke "Anti-Christ of the Week", parodying how they change the identity of the Anti-Christ as quickly as the weather changes.  So he posts it on his forum, someone in current events who would be chosen by fundamentalists this week to be the secret identity of the Anti-Christ.  It's a gas, really!

http://availablelightonline.com/blog/2008/12/20/anti-christ-of-the-week-12-20-08/

Growing up independent Baptist, part of what turned me away from them was this kind of negativity.  It's like they were always on a witch hunt.  The Anti-Christ is Yasser Arafat.  No - it's Anwar Sadat.  No - it's Jimmy Carter.  No - it's Bill Clinton.  No - it's Al Gore.  No - it's King Juan Carlos of Spain.  No - it's Barack Obama.  I mean, come on church people, where does it stop????????

To this day, I refuse to listen to any "Bible prophecy" teachers.  Their messages are wholly negative, and they miss the point of the larger truths while they sit there and try to act like they're playing Christian Clue, "Barack Obama, in the White House, with the lead pipe"!   On September 11, Hal Lindsey opened his program playing Taps with a graphic of the United States, which had the words written across it, "July 4, 1776 - September 11, 2001" like America died that day or something.

The whole Bible prophecy nonsense just turns my stomach and turns me off.  I have more positive things to do than to watch those guys on tv.  Wouldn't surprise me that Jesus has not come back yet because he can't figure out John Hagee's graphs and charts. It's a whole message of doom and gloom.

I am glad God delivered me from all that junk!

Wow! I agree with you! That's what turned me off to most bible prophecy ministries as well!
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Prosperity

QuoteTo this day, I refuse to listen to any "Bible prophecy" teachers.  Their messages are wholly negative, and they miss the point of the larger truths while they sit there and try to act like they're playing Christian Clue, "Barack Obama, in the White House, with the lead pipe"!   On September 11, Hal Lindsey opened his program playing Taps with a graphic of the United States, which had the words written across it, "July 4, 1776 - September 11, 2001" like America died that day or something.

The whole Bible prophecy nonsense just turns my stomach and turns me off.  I have more positive things to do than to watch those guys on tv.  Wouldn't surprise me that Jesus has not come back yet because he can't figure out John Hagee's graphs and charts. It's a whole message of doom and gloom.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Alpine, so you and Stephen thing Bible prophecy nonsense?

Revelation 22:7, 18-20
7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
8 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Gloom and doom?  I think not.  I think it is the Revelation of Christ Jesus, not the revelation of the devil.

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

charityagape

Rick Warren is not theologically a favorite of mine, sort of like some people on CF were not theologically a favorite of mine.........BUT I think he's pretty sincere in his love for Christ and I think its a hoot that Obama's having him give the prayer and that so many liberals who voted Obama in are up in arms over this.............................Sharon, I think that's actually something you could be encouraged about...........not that nutcakes are protesting BUT that nutcakes actually have SOMETHING GOOD to protest.

sharonl

Yes, I love it - seeing the liberals fuss about this  

Seeing Barney Frank really upset over this and stating he has been very offended over this choice. HE HAS BEEN OFFENDED - What about all the times he has offended others.

I like Rick Warren, he had a very good program on Fox today.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

Pete

Well Prosperity, I've stopped reading most of what you write, but I did catch in my skim that you think both of my parents are Rhema graduates, which is not true.  Neither of my parents are Rhema grads.

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Prosperity

December 25, 2008, 09:15:51 pm #29 Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 09:31:30 pm by Prosperity
Quote from: Pete on December 25, 2008, 08:00:33 pm
Well Prosperity, I've stopped reading most of what you write, but I did catch in my skim that you think both of my parents are Rhema graduates, which is not true.  Neither of my parents are Rhema grads.

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Ahh, did you intend to somehow hurt my feelings or spite me by telling me you don't read what I write?  That comes across as if you are a a bit miffed at me.  Is that so, and if it is so, why is that?  I am not miffed with you.  I thought God's grace was your thing?  ..well, even it you are miffed at me, don't worry about it because I forgive you and love you with the love of God anyway!

You are somewhat of a mystery to me though because for someone who is so disinterested in what I write you sure comment on what I have to say on a very frequent basis.  Thats some pretty intense skimming.  lol

I wonder who told me their parents were Rhema Graduates?   I really thought it was you.  It was someone from CF a couple of years back.

Did you tell me that both of you parents were Christians who raised you in the same Church you are going to now?  Did you, your parents and your pastor like Kenneth Hagin's (now deceased) teachings?  Has your Pastor been the same person all of these years?

Anyway, are your parents living?  If so, please consider asking them the questions I posed to you in my post before last.

..and would it be a terrible bother for you to please answer the following question:

Then answer me a question if you please.  Is our (you and me) disunity the result of the truth or a lie?  Is it of God or the devil?

Say, let me do you a solid. Perry Stone  has a great teaching series out on the book of Revelation.

...remember, there is real power in TRUTH!  Be not deceived, it will make you free!

Thank you for your time.

Merry Christmas Brother!

Pete

No spite, no miffing.  Just a simple fact.

The fact is, I don't read much of what you write, because you tend to talk "at" people, instead of taling "to" them.  That is the reason for our "disunity".  However, I'm not upset about it in the least.  I just wanted you to understand why I don't respond to much of what you say. 

But to answer a few of your questions;

My parents are alive, are both Christians, and I have attended the same church that I was raised in for almost 30 years.  My pastor is a Rhema graduate, and has been my pastor for at least 20 years.

Prosperity

QuoteNo spite, no miffing.  Just a simple fact.

The fact is, I don't read much of what you write, because you tend to talk "at" people, instead of taling "to" them.  That is the reason for our "disunity". 

Nice jab, but not right on.   Your silliness aside, I give you an "E" for effort.  lol  I would have guessed that deception resulting in pride was the reason for our disunity or maybe underneath it all you just don't like me and have decided you never will.  Like I said, no problem and nothing new.  Whatever the problem, I hope we can get by it someday.  So was that speaking at you or to you and how is one to know the difference? 

The fact is I was nice enough to you to make my case about Warren being in error, but you simply don't want to admit it or even act like you have considered what I have said.   Maybe our disunity is caused by you listening at me, not listening to me.  lol  Now you have to admit that was a good one, but then again you may not be able to share my humor with me.  lol  If you really liked me you would laugh too.  People who like me really do laugh at my jokes and a high percentage of them are WOF Pastors, except the Purpose Driven WOF pastor.  He really hates me. 

QuoteHowever, I'm not upset about it in the least.  I just wanted you to understand why I don't respond to much of what you say. 

I don't recall wanting to know, unless I am asking you the question.  As a matter of fact, I don't enjoy your unsolicited responses because I know what they are going to be about before I even read them.  They are going to be about discrediting me, but you really over reached on this Warren thing because he obviously does not know the most powerful weapon the devil has to use against man is deception.  You really don't have to try to show me up to be wrong.  Stick around, I make occational mistakes under my own steam.

QuoteBut to answer a few of your questions;

My parents are alive, are both Christians, and I have attended the same church that I was raised in for almost 30 years.  My pastor is a Rhema graduate, and has been my pastor for at least 20 years.

I knew there was a Rhema Grad in the mix somewhere.  At the risk of discrediting Warren in your eyes, please ask your Pastor the questions I posed to see what he says about what is the Devil's greatest weapon against man.

BTY and FYI,

Here are the names of the devil I got from Torrey who got them from the Bible:

Titles and names of the devil

Well, keep your powder dry, aim true and shoot straight. 

Pete

Quote from: Prosperity on December 25, 2008, 10:44:49 pm
... but you simply don't want to admit it or even act like you have considered what I have said.   ... 

See?  That's not true at all.  You seem to think when I disagree with you it's because of some imagined pride or simply because you were the one that said it.  The fact is, I simply disagree with you.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I can't for the life of me undersand why you think my goal in life is to discredit you and/or that I don't like you.  And because of that, I can not respond, because you've already decided that my response is driven by either my dislike for you, or that I only seek to discredit you.  Neither is true.

And that is yet another reason why I don't respond.  You make all kinds of wrong assumptions, and it's near impossible to respond to the endless false assumptions you make regarding me and my posting.

That is a result of talking "at" people, instead of talking "to" them. 

Pete

Incidentally, my pastor preached a sermon years ago called "The 5 D's" that the devil uses.  They were;

Destroy
Divert
Distract
Deceive
Discourage

A quick synopsis;

Satan tried to destroy Jesus by having Him killed as a baby.  Satan then tried to divert Jesus on numerous occasions, usually through the people closest to Him.  When complete diversion was unsuccessful, Satan tried repeatedly to distract Jesus from His purpose.  Then, Satan tried to deceive Jesus by misusing the Word to tempt Him.  And finally, Satan tried to discourage Jesus, when the enormity of His sacrifice was weighing on His flesh.

So is destruction Satan's greatest weapon since that was the very first thing He tried to do with Jesus?  Or diversion?  Or distraction?  Or deception?  Or discouragement?  Or disunity?

Better yet, who cares?!   They are all tools Satan uses.  Deception is no greater or worse than disunity or diversion or discouragement.  The Bible tells us to not be ignorant of Satan's devices.  Disunity is one of Satan's devices, as is deception and every one of the other "D" words.  But the Bible doesn't tell us to prioritize Satan's devices, saying one is "greater" than another.

Prosperity

Quote from: Pete on December 25, 2008, 10:55:27 pm

See?  That's not true at all.  You seem to think when I disagree with you it's because of some imagined pride or simply because you were the one that said it.  The fact is, I simply disagree with you.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I can't for the life of me undersand why you think my goal in life is to discredit you and/or that I don't like you.  And because of that, I can not respond, because you've already decided that my response is driven by either my dislike for you, or that I only seek to discredit you.  Neither is true.

And that is yet another reason why I don't respond.  You make all kinds of wrong assumptions, and it's near impossible to respond to the endless false assumptions you make regarding me and my posting.

That is a result of talking "at" people, instead of talking "to" them. 

Really? Pete, what is the devils' most potent weapon against man?  If you say it is deception, then Warren is wrong and you support what I have said, which would give me great pause because you would be a witness for me for a change.  If you say it is not deception, then you are not in agreement with the Word, which you can verify via the Bible and your Pastor if he knows his stuff, but this would allow you to continue to make your case for Warren and thereby continue to attempt to discredit me.  So is, or is not, deception the devil's most powerful weapon against man?  I am talking directly to you Pete!  Please give me a simple on point answer in return without any bobbing, weaving, qualification, equivocation, rationalization, self-justification and without anymore of your character assassinating commentaries or psychoanalysis.   This is your chance to prove me wrong, and in fact I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.  ..so go for it!  Just answer the question or tis ends my attempt to reach out to you.

If I am wrong, then this may be the beginning of a new relationship with you, which I am ready for.

Pete

Quote from: Prosperity on December 25, 2008, 11:16:27 pm

So is, or is not, deception the devil's most powerful weapon against man? .

See my answer in my last post.

Prosperity

Quote from: Pete on December 25, 2008, 11:06:50 pm
Incidentally, my pastor preached a sermon years ago called "The 5 D's" that the devil uses.  They were;

Destroy
Divert
Distract
Deceive
Discourage

A quick synopsis;

Satan tried to destroy Jesus by having Him killed as a baby.  Satan then tried to divert Jesus on numerous occasions, usually through the people closest to Him.  When complete diversion was unsuccessful, Satan tried repeatedly to distract Jesus from His purpose.  Then, Satan tried to deceive Jesus by misusing the Word to tempt Him.  And finally, Satan tried to discourage Jesus, when the enormity of His sacrifice was weighing on His flesh.

So is destruction Satan's greatest weapon since that was the very first thing He tried to do with Jesus?  Or diversion?  Or distraction?  Or deception?  Or discouragement?  Or disunity?

Better yet, who cares?!   They are all tools Satan uses.  Deception is no greater or worse than disunity or diversion or discouragement.  The Bible tells us to not be ignorant of Satan's devices.  Disunity is one of Satan's devices, as is deception and every one of the other "D" words.  But the Bible doesn't tell us to prioritize Satan's devices, saying one is "greater" than another.

You are really using what your Pastor said to dance around my question.  The devil does do all these things your Pastor says, but all the other things he mentions are the result of deception.  The devil can't do anything to you unless he can first deceive you or someone else.  He might get someone else to take a shot at you, but he is powerless to directly harm you unless he can first deceive you and keep you in deception.  The most he might do to you is to kill your body for your witness, but he can't kill your immortal soul unless he can first deceive you.  The Word says, "...fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell (Matthew 10:28)." The devil can't destroy your body and soul in hell without deceiving you first.  If he could, then God would be a liar, because God says the truth will make you free.  Jesus has overcome the devil for us, unless we let the dvil deceive us.  There really isn't much to disagree with in what I am saying here. 

Pete

I am curious.  Can you show me, unequivocally, where scripture says deception is the "most powerful" weapon Satan has in his arsenal?  I don't recall such a scripture, but maybe I'm forgetting one.

Something very plain, preferably, something as straightforward as this;

1 Corinthians 13:13 (KJV)
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

This leaves no doubt as to the power of God's Love, calling it the "greatest".  Is there something similar to this speaking to deception being Satan's "greatest" or "most powerful" weapon?

Prosperity

I see you are still trying to win an argument rather than seeing the truth.  Why do you ask questions that you and I already know the answer to?  The Bible does not say that deception is the most powerful weapon Satan has in his arsenal.  Wasn't that easy, or is it that easy?

So if this is where you want to leave it, then do so, but if you are looking for the Truth, then continue reading.

Is the word Rapture in the Bible?  Does the Bible say you will be raptured.  It does say you will go to hell/lake-of-fire if you aren't saved, but doesn't tell you that you will be Raptured.   ...but do you know you will be Raptured?

Anyway,

What did the devil use against Eve.  Deception!

What was the devil trying to do to Jesus when he was tempting Him.  He was trying to deceive Jesus.

How does the devil keep people in bondage.  Deception.  When they see the truth, they are made free.

All the way through the Bible the devil has used deception to hurt and destroy people and the Word says that the truth will make you free.   Here are a few examples:

Revelation 12:9 (AMP) And the huge dragon was cast down and out--that age-old serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, he who is the seducer (deceiver) of all humanity the world over; he was forced out and down to the earth, and his angels were flung out along with him.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart that you should lie to and attempt to deceive the Holy Spirit, and should [in violation of your promise] withdraw secretly and appropriate to your own use part of the price from the sale of the land?

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Has Jesus overcome the devil for you?

If Jesus has overcome the devil for you, how will the devil ever beat you at anything unless you allow him to deceive you into believing that he has the victory, not you.  This generates doubt/fear which are the opposite of faith. 

At the risk of leaving you with a cut and paste, this might help you to understand.

(Go to next post)