• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

When forgiveness meets real life pain

Started by Alpine, December 07, 2008, 11:41:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpine

God help me to forgive those who throw away their babies so easily. 

Especially when my wife and I don't have any.
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

The Lord is my banner

Hey brother, I'm sorry you and your wife are so hurt over this.

God understands your hurt, it is His own.  When you ache over slaughtered children it's a reflection of God's compassion.

I know that's not much help, but it's another sign of the bond between you and your Lord - He is so very close to the broken hearted, even though we often can't perceive that.

I pray your heart's desire will come to you, and you will have renewed joy in your lives.

How is that dear little neice you're looking after?

flaglady

That is such a sad cry from the heart, Alpine. I feel for you and your wife. It's a desperate dilema to be in and see such wanton behaviour all around. God forgive this generation for what it's done in this.

Alpine

My nice went back to her mother almost two weeks ago. Not to recount all the details of that. Last night we found out she had an abortion two weeks ago.

I don't understand it.

Pete

Alpine, I'm so sorry.  I don't understand it either...
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

lovesblessing

Oh, Alpine.....you have my sympathy....I wonder sometimes if humans are really the  smartest beings on this planet, when they so easily throw away their childrens lives and a mother cat will go again and again into a burning building to save her kittens from the fire.   Who is the more intelligent being?   Not the humans.....

Have you and your wife thought about adopting children or maybe doing foster work?   I would think that a couple who have lots of love and care to give would be wanted for either situation.

Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Alpine

Quote from: lovesblessing on December 08, 2008, 11:15:07 am
Oh, Alpine.....you have my sympathy....I wonder sometimes if humans are really the  smartest beings on this planet, when they so easily throw away their childrens lives and a mother cat will go again and again into a burning building to save her kittens from the fire.   Who is the more intelligent being?   Not the humans.....

Have you and your wife thought about adopting children or maybe doing foster work?   I would think that a couple who have lots of love and care to give would be wanted for either situation.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yeah, we've looked into that. That's something we're still working on, ever so slowly.