previous topic - next topic
Go Down

churchlady

[SIZE=3]Wow Jo, that was really good!  I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.[/SIZE]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]De Oppresso Liber[/SIZE][/FONT]

churchlady

SOAP Monday Dec 15

[COLOR=#ff0080]S[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]cripture[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][I]James 1: 14  But each one is tempted when he is [B]drawn away[/B] [B]by his[/B] [B]own[/B] [B]desires[/B] and enticed.[/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0080]O[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]bservation[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Not every desire that draws us away is a bad desire, in and of itself.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]When I read this verse, I thought about Abraham and Sarah.  They had a promise from God that they would have a son and had been waiting for over a decade for the promise to manifest.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]They [B]desired[/B] greatly to see the fulfillment of what God had said He would do.  Sarah began to [I]'lean to her own understanding'[/I] with thoughts that maybe God wanted her to give her maid, Haggai to Abraham in order to have a child by her, thus fulfilling the promise.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]There was nothing wrong with their [B]desire[/B].  Where they went wrong is being led by the desire instead of by God.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0080]Application[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]It is not wrong for us to have hopes, dreams, and good desires.  But God never meant for us to be led by those desires, apart from Him.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Maybe we desire to accomplish a good thing in our work, or do something to make life better for our family.  Or even as Abraham, we might be believing for the manifestation of something that God has told us He would do.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]But unless we submit those desires to God and seek His leading, we set ourselves up for the enemy to get his foot in the door and take  advantage of us.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]He will feed into our thoughts all sorts of reasonable sounding ideas.  If we are enticed and succumb to them, we may run ahead of God, trying to make things happen and end up giving birth to Ismael's (of the flesh) instead of Isaac's (of the spirit).  God needs our obedience, not our help.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0080]Prayer[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Father, having been one who has run ahead of Your timing so often, I appreciate Your word reminding me again of something that has been a tendency in my walk.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Never tire of reminding me Lord of the importance of talking over everything with You and seeking Your wisdom [B]before[/B] acting.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]You said in verse 5 of this same chapter that [I]"if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask "[/I] and that you will give[I] "liberally and without reproach". [/I]Please nudge me in this direction, Lord when I get too focused on the desire, instead of You.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Thank You, Father.  [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]Amen.[/COLOR]

Here are this week's scriptures:

[SIZE=3]Monday    Dec. 15th  James 1-5[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Tuesday   Dec. 16th  1 Pet. 1-5[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Wednesday  Dec. 17th   2 Pet. 1-3;  John 1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thursday    Dec. 18th   John 2-4[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Friday    Dec. 19th   John 5-6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Saturday    Dec. 20th   John 7-8[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

flaglady

Thanks, churchlady. I've enjoyed reading these and I've enjoyed writing them. It's quite thought provoking.

flaglady

[B][COLOR=#c0504d][SIZE=4]S[/SIZE][/COLOR]cripture[/B]
2 Peter 1:3

[COLOR=#c0504d]His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.[/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=#c0504d][SIZE=4]O[/SIZE][/COLOR]bservation[/B]
"Everything we need" .... in these days of financial meltdown, people losing their jobs and often their homes as well, that's quite a statement. But read on "for life and godliness". Jobs, homes, possessions - they're all transient things from God's perspective. We have a far bigger issue at hand. In our short lives in this mortal coil, we should be careful to sift out earthly things from heavenly things. That old aphorism "you can't take it with you" is so very, very true.

[B][COLOR=#c0504d][SIZE=4]A[/SIZE][/COLOR]ction[/B]
In my time, I've done some fund raising for various projects. I'd get phone calls from people who'd had an elderly parent or relative die and want to clear out their house. I'd get a car full of stuff from there I thought was saleable but it always made me sad. I look around my home now and see all the photographs of people I've loved and the ornaments and stuff, each of which represents a memory or a person that is/was close to me. But I know when I die, all those treasured items will be just so much bric-a-brac to furnish another jumble sale somewhere. Or rubbish to go into a landfill. With me will die what makes them special. I can take with me neither the object nor the memory. All I can take is the faith I have in my Saviour and my God. THAT is everlasting and transfers from the mortal to the everlasting life.

[B][COLOR=#c0504d][SIZE=4]P[/SIZE][/COLOR]rayer[/B]
Lord God, my Creator and Heavenly Father. Help me each day to remember to place ALL my faith and trust in You. Your promise of everlasting love is the foundation of everything I hold dear. Don't ever let me forget the treasure I have in that promise.

Hallelujah!

churchlady

[SIZE=3]SOAP  Thursday Dec 18, 2008 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0080]S[/COLOR]cripture[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]John 3: 19-21  And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 [B][U]But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."[/U][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0080]O[/COLOR]bservation[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I have noticed over the years, since coming to Christ, that there have been times when I avoided certain passages of scripture.  I didn't want to place my life under the bright light of truth in a particular area because I knew what those scriptures required.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Some of this avoidance of light was because I just didn't understand God's ways or know Him enough to really trust abandoning myself to Him in the said area.   I loved Him as Savior, but wasn't willing to bow to His Lordship rights in that part of my life.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0080]A[/COLOR]pplication[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I believe the cure for this comes with experiences with God that reveal to us how much He cares for, and loves us.  Also, when we really begin to grasp that we are totally forgiven for our sins,  the walls of fear and guilt begin to come down, and are replaced with trust.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The day we feel safe enough to begin discarding the fig leaves is the day our soul begins to be restored.  We find out that God won't hurt us, but will heal us.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Eventually, we even begin to call upon the Lord to shine the light of His countenance brightly upon our inward parts.  We begin to love the light, more than the darkness because we finally comprehend that it means yet another degree of freedom from bondage.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0080]P[/COLOR]rayer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Father, help me to always notice when I avoid any part of Your word, and let me take that as a red flag that some fear exists in me that is based upon a lie.  The light of Your word will dispel the darkness, uncover the lie, and with it the confusion, the stumbling, and the advantage to the enemy.  There is no need to hide from You, Lord.  You already know all about me and love me anyway.  That in itself draws me to You, to trust You.    Amen. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Here are this week's scriptures:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Thursday    Dec. 18th   John 2-4[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Friday    Dec. 19th   John 5-6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Saturday    Dec. 20th   John 7-8[/SIZE]

flaglady

I just spent ages doing the John 2:4 and this rotten thing dumped it all!   
Sorry - I just can't do it all again!

churchlady

Quote from: MissConStru on December 19, 2008, 08:03:40 PM
I just spent ages doing the John 2:4 and this rotten thing dumped it all!   
Sorry - I just can't do it all again!

[SIZE=3]Oh, I hate when that happens! [/SIZE]   :gah:
[SIZE=3]I use to copy before I posted, but usually I just take the chance.  [/SIZE]

churchlady

SOAP  Saturday Dec 20, 2008

[COLOR=#ff0080][SIZE=4]S[/SIZE][COLOR=#000000]cripture[/COLOR][/COLOR]

John 7: 3 and Jesus' brothers said to him, "Leave here and go to Judea, where your followers can see your miracles! 4 You can't become famous if you hide like this! If you can do such wonderful things, show yourself to the world!" 5 [B][U]For even his brothers didn't believe in him.[/U][/B]

[COLOR=#ff0080]O[COLOR=#000000]bservation[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Even Jesus didn't have perfect family relationships![/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Having spent the better part of the day baking for Christmas, taking a break only long enough to deliver an early Christmas gift to a friend, I began to ponder how we try our best to make this one day a year a little bit like Eden, where everything is perfect (especially relationships).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]We cook, we bake, we shop for just the right gifts, we decorate the house, we prepare for incoming relatives and visits from friends.  Our expectations are high that the day will be wonderful.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]But the truth is that just like in Jesus' family, so also in most peoples' families, not everyone is a believer.  Not everyone is easy to get along with or to be around.  Not everyone makes their best effort at kindness, courtesy, and consideration......thinking about the welfare of others before themselves.  Some are just as self-absorbed as they are the rest of the year.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]This one day of the year seems, for many, to hold out the illusion and false hope that everything will be perfect[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]  [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0080]A[COLOR=#000000]pplication[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Whereas the idea of 'Santa' can't really deliver on the hope of perfection that we all yearn for, I am comforted to know that I serve One who IS perfect, and who IS in the process of restoring all things unto Himself, as perfect as it was before the fall.  He is starting in me (in us), the firstfruits........bringing us back to wholeness and health, but even the creation itself groans in it's waiting, the Word tells us.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]That which this season seems to stir up within us....a desire to escape the brokeness of this world to enjoy everything being right and perfect, [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]IS really happening.  Santa may be a made up story, but Je[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]sus is the Truth.  He delivers on His promises.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]And the Word tells us that eventually Jesus' brothers believed on Him.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]  [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0080]P[COLOR=#000000]rayer[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Father, help us all this season to focus, not on false expectations, but the truth that is in Jesus Christ....that one day ALL [B]will be[/B] restored in Him, and this present time of trouble in the world and between people will end.  We have a living hope to look forward to, even amidst present distresses.  Help us all to deliberately choose to think on this.  Amen.[/COLOR]

[/SIZE][SIZE=3][B]Here are this week's scriptures:
[/B]
Saturday    Dec. 20    John 7-8
Sunday      Dec. 21    John 9-11
Monday      Dec. 22    John 12-14
Tuesday     Dec. 23    John 15-18
Wednesday   Dec. 24    John 19-21
Thursday (Christmas) Dec. 25  I John 1-5

[/SIZE]

flaglady

December 26, 2008, 06:07:48 PM #48 Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 06:48:04 PM by MissConStru
[B][COLOR=#c0504d][SIZE=4]S[/SIZE][/COLOR]cripture[/B][COLOR=#ff0000]
1 John 1:5

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: [B]God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.[/B]
[/COLOR]

Have you ever considered that every mood we have is described by colours? Negative moods by dark colours and positive by light colkours.  We speak of being 'blue' when we're depressed (not a light blue, though, but dark!), in a 'brown study' when we're sombre, of being under a (dark) cloud when we have a sense of forboding and in a 'black humour' when we're angry. All through our language, negative feelings are allied with dark colours or lack of light.

By contrast, everything joyous, enervating and uplifting is of the light. Sunshine, blue skies, even Christmas tree lights!

In flag colours too ~ yellow is joy, orange is the fire of the Holy Spirit, white is purity, holiness and righteousness, light blue is the Holy Spirit and the heavenlies. Everything good, joyous and wonderful.

What we often fail to grasp is that light is a CHOICE. We can choose to be in the light or in the darkness. Try changing your posture - head up, shoulders back - it's amazing the difference it can make to our attitude to life. Yes, we CAN choose whether to be in the dark or in the light. And we can choose whether to be in God's light or not.

In this time when we celebrate the birth of Your son, we vision the light that came with Him. The star that shone and the light that came into men's hearts. Lord, I pray for those of our families who have not yet discerned that there IS a light and that they yet still live in the dark. Bless them with Your love and mercy, Lord, and let this next year be the time when they come into Your light and see the wonder that lies in wait for them.

churchlady

Jo, that was powerful!  A good reminder that it IS a choice, ours to make...good or bad.  Thanks for being so faithful.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B]Here are this week's and next week's scriptures:

[/B]Friday    Dec. 26  Ps 117,119: 81-176  2 John and 3 John  [B](sorry I was late getting this one posted)[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]

Saturday  Dec. 27  Rev. 1-4
Sunday    Dec. 28  Rev. 5-9
Monday    Dec. 29  Rev.10-14
Tuesday   Dec. 30  Rev. 15-18 
Wednesday  Dec. 31  Rev. 19-22

Thursday  Jan. 1  Gen. 1-2  Luke 1
Friday    Jan. 2  Gen. 3-5  Luke 2
Saturday  Jan. 3  Gen. 6-8  Luke 3   
[/SIZE]

flaglady

Thank you! I love doing these. However, I can't quite figure out the passage notes you give ~ can you explain,  with Rev. 1-4, Rev. 5-9, Rev.10-14, Rev. 15-18, Rev. 19-22 I'm assuming they're sequential groups of verses but there's no chapter given. So with the last one I did, I assumed it was 1 John chap 1 vs 5. Is this correct?

flaglady

[COLOR=#c0504d][SIZE=4]S[/SIZE][/COLOR]cripture[/B][COLOR=#ff0000]
[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][B]Matthew 1[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]The Genealogy of Jesus[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000] 1 A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]    2 Abraham was the father of Isaac,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Isaac the father of Jacob,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     3 Judah the father of Perez and Zerah, whose mother was Tamar,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Perez the father of Hezron,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Hezron the father of Ram,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     4 Ram the father of Amminadab,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Amminadab the father of Nahshon,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Nahshon the father of Salmon,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     5 Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Obed the father of Jesse,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     6 and Jesse the father of King David.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]    David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah's wife,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]    7 Solomon the father of Rehoboam,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Rehoboam the father of Abijah,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Abijah the father of Asa,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     8 Asa the father of Jehoshaphat,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Jehoshaphat the father of Jehoram,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Jehoram the father of Uzziah,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     9 Uzziah the father of Jotham,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Jotham the father of Ahaz,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Ahaz the father of Hezekiah,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     10 Hezekiah the father of Manasseh,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Manasseh the father of Amon,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Amon the father of Josiah,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     11 and Josiah the father of Jeconiah and his brothers at the time of the exile to Babylon.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]    12 After the exile to Babylon:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Jeconiah was the father of Shealtiel,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     13 Zerubbabel the father of Abiud,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Abiud the father of Eliakim,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Eliakim the father of Azor,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     14 Azor the father of Zadok,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Zadok the father of Akim,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Akim the father of Eliud,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     15 Eliud the father of Eleazar,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Eleazar the father of Matthan,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]       Matthan the father of Jacob,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     16 and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000] 17 Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Christ.[/COLOR]

I was watching a programme yesterday about the Nativity story and Jesus' true origins. One theme of the story was that the family inheritance always passed down through the male line and that since there was no man involved with Jesus conception - i.e., Joseph was not the biological father - then could Jesus truly be considered a direct descendant of David?

It's an interesting topic that adoptive parents might want to interpret a little differently. Joseph may not have been Jesus' biological father but he raised him and gave him the family name. He loved and nurtured him, taught him his trade and no doubt, mentored him through his Bar mitzvah, standing as proud as any father as his son read from the Torah in the traditional manner of a young man entering into adulthood.

I pondered on the 'proof' put forward by the scientists in this programme. I'm usually pretty open minded when it comes to scienctific study and can see room for both. A programme this evening was giving scientific explanations for the plagues that resulted in the Exodus. But though they explained them with casual matter of factness, they still had no explanation as to how Moses was able to time his warnings to Pharoah so accurately! And the same with the birth of Christ. Mary was Joseph's wife and Jesus was born into his family. It was God's plan and that's good enough for me. But then, like Pooh, I am a bear of very little brain!

Father God, I know You want us to read and study Your Word and it's right that we should question it until we get the message You want us to have. You also created scientists to do the same in their way of doing things. I trust You, Lord. I trust that what You have created for us, You knew what You were doing and why. I don't need to explore the depths of that but just to lean on You and trust in You.

[COLOR=#ff0000]Proverbs 3:5[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;[/COLOR]

Pete

Revelation 1-4 would indicate Revelation chapters 1 through 4.

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

churchlady

Quote from: MissConStru on December 27, 2008, 06:57:03 PM
Thank you! I love doing these. However, I can't quite figure out the passage notes you give ~ can you explain,  with Rev. 1-4, Rev. 5-9, Rev.10-14, Rev. 15-18, Rev. 19-22 I'm assuming they're sequential groups of verses but there's no chapter given. So with the last one I did, I assumed it was 1 John chap 1 vs 5. Is this correct?

[SIZE=3]As Pete has already explained, they are chapters, not verses.  In other words, we started on Revelations today and will be finished with the whole book next Wednesday.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The 1 John 1-5 meant chapters.  However, you can do your soap on even one verse of that day's reading if you want.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#ff0080][SIZE=3]S[COLOR=#000000][B]cripture[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]Rev. 2-3 (the letters to the churches)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0080][SIZE=3]O[COLOR=#000000][B]bservation[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]To the Church at Ephesus, the message seems to be one of [B]examining what drives their outward actions[/B] - which the Lord doesn't find fault with.  We can be stalwarts for truth, tireless workers in the Kingdom, tenacious in our efforts, and watchful for the wolves.........but there is the need to continually let our [B]true motives[/B] be brought to the light of our consciousness so that we can see if we're really doing all for the love of Christ.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]Smyrna is the persecuted Church and the Word to them is about [B]dealing with fear and holding on to the faith during suffering[/B].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]The Church at Pergamos, which evidently dwells in the midst of a stronghold of Satan has let the purity of the gospel be compromised by those in it's midst bringing [B]false doctrine.[/B]  [B]Repentance[/B] is in order.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Thyatira, while receiving much praise for it's works is receiving a [B]rebuke for it's tolerance[/B]..........in this case sexual impurity.  I observe much of the sexualization of society creeping into the church, and tolerated 'in the name of love'.  This has to grieve the Holy Spirit.[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The letter to Sardis is frightening as it's to the [B]dead and dying church[/B], both corporate and individuals.  I remember a time in my personal life when I drifted from the Lord (out of great discouragement and distraction).  I came to a point that the things of God did not move me.  It truly frightened me, and I got myself back to the Word of God ([B]repentance[/B]) out of fear that even that would lose it's ability to touch my heart.  This letter is the most frightening to me, because of that experience.  Truly what has been delivered to us is not to be held lightly, but to be guarded and watched over.  The enemy IS trying to devour whoever he can.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Philadelphia, in my mind, describes the remnant of those who are advancing and going forward in the victories of Christ.  "Hey, you're doing good so [B]Hold fast[/B]" is the message of this letter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]And finally, Laodicea which has a veil over it's eyes......a people who have [B]refused the Lord's refining process[/B] in their lives so that the character of Christ is missing from their witness before the world, and saddest of all, they are oblivious to it.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The lukewarm Christian is probably the hardest to move forward in the things of Christ, and where I have personally seen it, I have detected rebellion as it's root (  but that's my opinion, however). [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0080]A[COLOR=#000000][B]pplication and [/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0080]P[COLOR=#000000][B]rayer[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]Father, I know these words are as important to us today as when they were written to specific churches.  I want to have ears that hear and eyes that see so that I can be the overcomer You have called Your people to be.  Please give abundance of grace to me, Lord, to that end.  Let these lessons and instructions not be lost on me, Father.  I ask for wisdom in all these areas.  Amen.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][B]Here are this week's and next week's scriptures:

[/B]Friday    Dec. 26  Ps 117,119: 81-176  2 John and 3 John  [B](sorry I was late getting this one posted)[/B]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Saturday  Dec. 27  Rev. 1-4
Sunday    Dec. 28  Rev. 5-9

Friday    Jan. 2  Gen. 3-5  Luke 2
[/SIZE]

flaglady

Ah! We always did a small passage - as you have no doubt observed from my submissions.

churchlady

December 28, 2008, 11:52:06 PM #55 Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:04:54 AM by churchlady
SOAP  Sunday Dec 28, 2008[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#ff0080][SIZE=3][SIZE=5]S[/SIZE][COLOR=#000000]cripture[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]Rev. 5: 10  And have [B]made us kings and priests[/B] to our God; and we shall reign on the earth.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0080][SIZE=3][SIZE=5]O[/SIZE][COLOR=#000000]bservation[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]   [SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0080](This observation is something the Lord spoke to me in 2005 about my role as a king and priest.  I have basically copied it here from christianforums, on which I originally posted it.) 
[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3][URL=http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=2063521&highlight=pray+upwards+command]http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=2063521&highlight=pray+upwards+command[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]From the perspective of these two roles which have been assigned to me, I am to seek or [B][U]pray upwards[/U][/B] (as a [B]priest[/B]) towards the Father in Heaven in Jesus Name.  [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]I pour out my heart for the person or situation, asking God for His wisdom and understanding concerning it.  I seek for His will and strategy, believing that what He has already said in His written Word about the subject is my starting place.  [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]Believing the written Word, I keep seeking until He begins to speak further to me through His Holy Spirit within.  [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]Then, having heard from Him how to look at the situation from His perspective, with His evaluation and judgement of it, I then begin to decree and declare from my heavenly position of being raised and seated with Christ at the right hand of the Father. Ephes. 2:6 [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]In other words, once I have His decision on it, I [B][U]command downwards[/U][/B] (as a [B]king[/B]) using the delegated authority of Jesus and the very logos and rhema words that have been shown to me concerning the specifics of the need.[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

[COLOR=#ff0080][SIZE=3][SIZE=5]A[/SIZE][COLOR=#000000]pplication[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]After speaking to the Father about the mountain, I then speak to the mountain what the Father has said.  I am to [U]pray upwards[/U] and [U]command downwards[/U].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0080][SIZE=3][SIZE=5]P[/SIZE][COLOR=#000000]rayer[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]Father, it is so easy to sit back and wait for You to do the part that You have assigned to me.  Just as You sent Jesus into the world, now He sends us and has given us delegated authority to execute His will in the earth.  [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]Help me Lord, to not fall back into passively whining about the problems of life instead of seeking Your will concerning them, and then aligning my mouth, thus releasing my faith towards the end of bringing Your Kingdom rule to bear on the matter.  [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]Thank You Lord for this glorious opportunity to co-labor with You in the earth.  Amen.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][B]Here are this week's scriptures:

[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=3]Sunday    Dec. 28  Rev. 5-9

[/SIZE]

churchlady

SOAP  Monday Dec 29, 2008

[SIZE=4][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0080]S[COLOR=#000000][B]cripture[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Rev. 12: 11  And they overcame him [I](the devil)[/I] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and [B][U]they did not love their lives to the death.[/U][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0080]O[COLOR=#000000][B]bservation[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]I read this verse and I imagine myself standing in a cemetery of martyred saints, reading this on their tombstones.  I take off my shoes as I realize that I am on holy ground.  In the quietness, I ponder their victory and what made them willing to pay such a cost. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0080]A[COLOR=#000000][B]pplication[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]The Word says that those who KNOW their God will do exploits.  Paul said that he counted not his life dear for the excellency of KNOWING Him.  It also says that this is Life.....to KNOW Him![/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0080]P[COLOR=#000000][B]rayer[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Lord, it isn't correct doctrine that makes us willing to lay down even our life for You.  It is KNOWING you!  You, Yourself are the ultimate prize, the ultimate pursuit in life.  I want to know You, Lord.  Show me how to order my life to this coveted destination.  Amen. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][SIZE=3][B]Here are this week's scriptures:

[/B][SIZE=3]Sunday    Dec. 28  Rev. 5-9
Saturday  Jan. 3  Gen. 6-8  Luke 3   [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

flaglady

[COLOR=#c0504d][SIZE=4]S[/SIZE][/COLOR]cripture[/B][COLOR=#ff0000]
[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]Genesis 1:29-30[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. [B]They will be yours for food[/B]. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground--everything that has the breath of life in it--[B]I give every green plant for food[/B]." And it was so.[/COLOR]

I love this passage. It shows how God had ordained how all creatures, including man, would live together and share the fruit of the planet. And how badly things have been corrupted and made askew. I'm not vegetarian (any more) but I do harbour a regret, perhaps not that we eat meat, but that man uses and abuses all kinds of animals in his drive to convert them into food. Factory farming, ill-run abattoires, battery hen houses. It's all horrible and I'm sure God weeps as well. He never intended for these creatures to be contained in cages and treated like objects. There's more but I think you get the picture.

In Isaiah 11 it says

[COLOR=#ff0000]6 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]4b He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]6 The wolf will live with the lamb,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     the leopard will lie down with the goat,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     the calf and the lion and the yearling together;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]     and a little child will lead them.[/COLOR]

So the arrival of Jesus will return everything to the way it was designed to be.
Oh wonderful day! where it will no longer be necessary for us to process foods in such quantities and kinds that only the 'civilised' nations can access them, that the poorer people have to struggle to live because the Western world has commandeered the land and all its resources to support our extravagant life style.

Praise You, dear Lord, for such a wonderful and wondrous vision. You had everything planned but then man had to learn disobedience and corrupt it all. Were it not for Your son, we would have no hope of it being restored. Bless You and praise You for such mercy and grace.

IKTCA

I have been reading your posts. By adding amen to them, your devotionals become mine. Is there a better deal than this?

[B](S) ... from his mouth came a sharp, two-edged sword ......[/B] (Rev. 1:16)

[B](O & A)[/B] A few days ago I heard about plastic surgeons. A plastic surgeon needs about 7-8 years of training after medical school. With a knife in his skilled hand, he can raise or lower nose, build or reduce cheek bone. Even a woman of the least appeal becomes a beauty that every eye is pleased to look at. How wonderful would it be if I could put myself under the sharp knife of the Lord and be transformed from a soul of no appeal to one that everyone is pleased to see?

[B](P)[/B] Lord Jesus,
Since I am ugly in my own eyes, how much uglier am I indeed?
But only if you will put your sharp sword on me,
and skillfully remove rotten, foul smelling cells out of me,
even I shall become a pleasing soul to watch.

As your knife cuts my soul,
I shall have pain and shame,
and fear of losing earthly appearance.
But for the honor of being called by you, "My Worthy Son,"
I will endure.

Lord,
With your word remove my evil.
Amen.

flaglady

Go Up