• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 21, 2019, 02:05:09 am

God is a God....

Started by Sarah, December 01, 2008, 09:58:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

....of second chances.  As I have watched VeggieTales since they first came out, there are so many things we can learn from them.  Jonah is just one of the examples of how they have taken a Bible story and transformed it to make you think.  How many others in the Bible were given second chances by God.  there's always something that makes me take a second look at the stories that I thought I knew.  Seen through the eyes of a child....

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

map4

I've taught the children at our church for many years.
One set of curriculum we used taught a lot of the OT. I learned so much from teaching those lessons.
One time I was doing an online bible trivia game. I did the OT game and was amazed at how many answers I knew just from teaching those lessons!

I am amazed at the gift some people have of making those stories come to life. The simplicity yet deep spiritual truths they draw out from them.

DianeL

I love veggie tales, my great-nephew Kaleb has Larry and Bob painted on his walls.  My niece is very artistic. I learn alot from these programs as well.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

flaglady

I remember one night, Pete kept me up till 4 in the morning (UK time!) feeding me links to Veggie Tales YouTubes! What a hoot that was!