• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 11, 2019, 08:14:03 pm

Lakeland Goings on

Started by Hisgirl, May 04, 2008, 03:47:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hisgirl

I was watching some of the Lakeland meetings over the internet and I loved seeing all the hungry people and hearing the awesome testimonies but I'm just not much of a fan of Todd Bentley's style.  Is that bad?   I'm so used to jaw-dropping teaching and words of knowledge and healings at our church, that seeing this in Lakeland really isn't something out of the ordinary. 

Dirk suggested we ride down and check it out, but the presence of God is so thick at our own services, and I'm not really keen on the sorta pushing people down style of ministry I'm seeing and  I told him I sorta didn't want to go.

Do yall think the presence of God is weighty and thicker and something is going on there that makes it desirable to trek down to dip in the river?  Or is it maybe just indicative of how dry all the folks have felt in their homelands, that these meetings are like water to a thirsty man?  Did that make sense?

I honestly believe there is indeed awesome stuff going on there.  Because we're just one state up, many folks from my church have gone and really enjoyed it.   Would you want to go if you were somewhat close?    (gyah, I love this smilie!)
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

The Lord is my banner

I think you're right Dana - it's probably mainly a watering hole for the thirsty who may have nothing much to drink at home. 

But since you've been planted by a beautiful river, why travel far and wide to dip a cup under an emergency stand-pipe anywhere else?
Having said that, we ALL have the River inside us.  I suppose being with a bunch of others letting it flow helps though. 

I agree about the pushing thing, that annoys me no end and makes me defensive.   I immediately resist anything from folks who try that, whereas if they lay hands gently I relax and receive from God much more fully. 

Oh well, maybe some folks prefer being "manhandled."  Perhaps they feel safer being firmly directed or something.  I dunno. 

Hisgirl

I've been watching all day and the 'pushing' has been much less.   In fact the deliverances have been incredible! 
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

Pete

I think that people are hungry and thirsty.  I wouldn't skip my own church services to go down and see it, because I'm pretty well watered myself...  :P  but if it's close enough for you and you can go, I think it would be great.

I only watched the worship on Monday night, but that alone was INCREDIBLE!
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Hisgirl

Well, I've got a painter coming tomorrow who may stay here all week...but if he finishes early, then maybe we'll check it out.   Last night's service was so good with the amazing healings.   Really unusual stuff.

ooooOH!!   Warren, a 26 yr. old friend from church went last weekend.  He took a friend with him who had a really bad C-section scar.  Todd called out healing of scars and this gal's scar DISAPPEARED OFF HER BELLY.     Is that cool or WHAT??

Warren is busting with stories.  He's driving down every single weekend!   SO....in the name of wanna-hear-it-all....I invited him to dinner Wednesday night so I can hear all the awesome stuff he saw.  He was 'catching' for Todd and was right up on stage seeing it firsthand.  Can't wait to hear it all!! 

lovesblessing

Well, for what it's worth, on one of the threads on cf or someplace, maybe on Elijah List, I read that this healing river is actually a response from God because of the hunger of His church.  It wasn't supposed to start flowing until June 22nd of this year, but because some many were hungry God let it start sooner.

So, I'm guessing that when we roll into June this thing is going to start moving in an even greater degree than it is now!  Praise God for His goodness and grace and mercy! 

And I've been thinking about the gems that have fallen in places here on earth.  We know that the walls of the New Jerusalem are made of gemstones and the streets are gold there, so perhaps because that beautiful city is coming closer to earth, some of it's mortar and gravel are sifting thru to down here!    It's a thought anyway!

Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Hisgirl

Dorothy Ann!  Are you gonna go??  You only live about an  hour away, right? 

lovesblessing

No, Dana, don't have any great urge to go over there.

I know, I'm weird! LOL!
Quote from: Hisgirl on May 04, 2008, 10:43:47 pm
Dorothy Ann!  Are you gonna go??  You only live about an  hour away, right? 

The Lord is my banner

Quote from: lovesblessing on May 04, 2008, 09:21:39 pm

And I've been thinking about the gems that have fallen in places here on earth.  We know that the walls of the New Jerusalem are made of gemstones and the streets are gold there, so perhaps because that beautiful city is coming closer to earth, some of it's mortar and gravel are sifting thru to down here!    It's a thought anyway!

Oh wow!  Could be!

Hisgirl

We watched it last night and I really enjoyed it, but it was so much easier to see it on tv all closeup instead of being way up in a stadium seat far from seeing the faces of those giving testimony.  Saw some really cool things. 

I'm expecting it to come here soon and I can see a HUGE meeting at a stadium in Atlanta.  Several of my friends have been prophesied over recently that they would be playing or speaking in a stadium and signs & wonders would be occuring.

I think that time is now. 

The salvations were so sweet this weekend.  So sweet.  The cry, the weeping over being saved.  Just loved it. 

Hisgirl

Well guess who's going to Lakeland?

Riverpastor emailed me last night and said his wife wanted to go and when could I go with her.  So I told him as soon as she could get here, we'd go.

Can anyone say road trip?

Hisgirl

Okay, we're going May 17th.  We'll attend the sunday and monday meetings.  So many folks from here have gone and they said it's amazing.  The salvations and healings are tremendous.  Honestly, tons of folks are hearing this is only the beginning.  That this is the beginning of a huge outpouring.  I can't wait!  Please pray for our safety as we travel and get around so many hungry people.  I'm looking forward to praying with many, many people.

flaglady

Lucky you! Wish I could - my friend and I have agreed to drop everything and go when he comes to England.

And anyway - the broadcasts via GodTV have stopped! Waaaah! No warning! Waaaah! I was really getting into that.

Hisgirl

Jo, can't you still just watch it on freshfire ministries website?  That's what we're doing. 

flaglady

I'm watching it on GodTV. Even as I type this. I watch it every night. Wouldn't miss it!

Hisgirl

Jo, Did you see me?  I was on the 5th row! 

I wanted to make notes of my revival experiences.  Nanci, Melody and I arrived yesterday and attended last night's meeting.

Sunday night was our first night.  We stood with the crowds just outside the doors for about an hour or more, singing praise songs to Jesus.  It was so amazing to stand with hundreds of strangers and hear the short snippets of conversations.  They were all speaking of how wonderful the Lord is and inquiring about hometowns of other folks and smiling and sharing.  Someone would begin singing 'How Great Is Our God' or another song, and the entire crowd joined in as we worshipped the Lord.  Awesome time.

Everyone was polite and kind and smiling.

Once inside, we sang some more as the worship band was practicing...Mighty To Save, Rain Down...  The crowd lifted hands and joined in and sang for another hour.  There was an atmosphere of love love love in the place.

At 7 pm, there was a crowd down front and the cameras came on and the worship began.  We sang lots of good worship songs I was familiar with.  Towards the end, the worship leader said he was done and asked us to sing our own song to the Lord.  So the individual voices joined together as one praising Jesus and telling Him He was worthy.  It was so beautiful!

Patricia King was there visiting and shared a verse about a sceptre and how God was putting this in our hands.  Someone in my church last week got the EXACT SAME WORD!

Todd Bentley came out and began to talk about the compassion of Jesus. He said there was a little girl there tonight with a deforming brain tumor whose last wish was to go to Disney World.  Her family, Puerto Rican, had come this evening and we were all going to be praying for this little girl to be healed.  He asked us to please begin to let the Lord rise up compassion in our hearts.  The little girl was lying down in the seats not six inches from my knees and Nanci and I layed hands on her and her mother and prayed over her many times.

He then spoke about revival itself and how if it doesn't change a city, then it's just another meeting.  He honored any local pastors who were there.  The crowd was asked to blanket the city of Lakeland with love.  To pray for everyone everywhere we went...the hotels, the gas stations, the stores, the restaurants.  He said revival is about what happens outside of the building.  That waitresses should be hearing how much Jesus loves them and getting big tips to boot, that she'll finally say ALRIGHT you can pray for me since you're the HUNDREDTH person who has asked.  The church sponsoring the meeting will begin, this week, to train the attendees how to BE Jesus to the city by serving....washing cars, mowing lawns etc.  We're going to cover the entire city with a servant's heart and the love of Jesus!

Then he spoke about callings.  He talked about mantles and how people have a 'first calling' from God.  How many times we know exactly what we're called to do,, but we walk away from it and then wonder why we aren't being a success.  We were asked to search our hearts to see if we had indeed surrendered all to the Lord.  The conviction of the Holy Spirit fell on the place and people began to WEEP in repentance. We sang I surrender All.... 

Then Todd spoke about what the greatest miracle of all was...salvation.  And how there were many there who had never given their heart to Jesus.  He said it wasn't saying a little prayer that saved you , but believing in your heart that Jesus died for their sins and rose from the dead.  He presented the gospel and probably 125 people came to  the front.  Many were sick and he had them come one by one across the stage and had them publically confess they wanted Jesus and if they had a sickness, he prayed about that.  Several wanted free from sexual addiction and he commanded loosing for those.  A couple of manifestations occurred and he had his team pray privately for those.

One man who came was in a wheel chair on the floor.  Todd came down to him and prayed over him.  The man hadn't walked in eight years due to MS and I got to see him stand shakily....then walk slowly, then quicker, then with strength all across the entire floor for the first time in eight years.  It was amazing to watch.  Many people this week are coming back with doctor reports verifying healings including cancers gone.  Also, many family members were present, testifying to the condition of the one getting prayer....often weeping while watching an ear open, or blind eye see.  And yes, we saw those happen too.

The terminally ill then came and received prayer.  The little girl's family came and Todd really got worked up telling everyone including the tv audience to pray every day and night for this child. 

We finally left around 11:50 pm as Todd was in the middle of his team and was praying for hundreds of people.  I don't know how he's doing this every night, but they weren't going to stop until every person who wanted prayer was ministered to.  One thing I liked was how if someone was on stage accepting Jesus and told they had come to bring a child or someone for prayer....he always immediately said bring them here right now. 

We're tired but looking forward to tonight.  And for the record, I had my antenneas up for anything weird or not of the Lord.  Beforehand, we had prayed that nothing not of God could harm us or be imparted to us and asked God to hedge protection around us.  When I'm around something demonic, I have a physical reaction and not once did that occur.  What I did feel though, was a very very strong presence of love and joy and worship.  Todd Bentely was an afterthought for the people attending.  The name of Jesus was what was being lifted up, not his.  He came across as genuine and a bit like a southern baptist ol' time preacher with his zeal....but he is preaching the word and Jesus Christ.  I saw no pride or self-lifting.  Every word he spoke could have just as easily come from the local baptist church pulpit.   He wants this movement to get out amongst the 'empty vessels' so they'll know this isn't just about a bunch of Christians having a meeting, but the love of Jesus being demonstrated in the marketplace.

So that's about it.  Looking forward to tonight.

Pete

That's awesome!  Thanks for the report!  Looking forward to more...
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

lovesblessing

Hi Dana!  

Thank you for that report!  How awesome is our lovely Lord Jesus! 

I haven't felt drawn to attend the meetings or anything, but I believe they are of God and His working for one simple reason.  It's gonna sound negative, but it's not.  I know how vain the devil is, he could not stand for all the worship and praise that is being given to Jesus and Father God.  Not to mention how much accusation is going on over the whole thing......sheesh!  It's like people forget just who the accuser is, or something. 

Anyway, thanks again for an awesome report......I'll be looking forward to hearing more about it all!

Dorothy Ann 

Hisgirl

It's so grieving to me when I see our brothers and sisters standing IN ONE ACCORD with the accuser of the brethren and issuing warnings to the body of Christ over a man who is preaching the salvation message and the Lord Jesus Christ with every fiber of his being.

Believe me, I was not going to this meeting ready to accept all I saw.  I'm rather cynical when it comes to stuff and I left last night 100% convinced this is the Lord bringing His body together to begin a wild fire over His love.

It was amazing and apparently very contagious as I'm hearing story after story of pastors going and bringing LIFE back into their churches.

I can't begin to describe the intensity of LOVE that was in the place.  I really really liked Mr. Todd and though he was a bit exuberant at times, it wasn't anything I wasn't use to as I grew up baptist. 

Those who are bringing up his drug-occult-crime-nasty-stuff past don't seem to realize how deep God reaches into the pits to hell to bring back the lost and use them for His glory. 

Mr. Todd said tonight he intends to pray for every single person there and anoint their hands for healing.  He must have the strength of the Lord on him to pray for so many folks.  He seemed so happy and joyful the entire time he was ministering.  Every time the Lord would heal someone, he'd turn around  with big eyes like a little kid and say "Did you see that!!"   Gosh, the joy in the place was so amazing!!  I hardly want to go home! 

We're having a huge meeting for thousands in Atlanta over Memorial day weekend.  Hopefully many healings and salvations will occur and we can start up some God parties up my way!  Yay God, You're too cool to tan!! 

lovesblessing

Thanks so much for sharing all this Dana.

And thank you Pete for having a place of peace to share it on. 

People have such a hard time receiving the pure Gospel of grace......because it eliminates their flesh from getting any glory.....and oh boy, does the fleshman hate that!  LOL!

Because I know that God is moving thru Pastor Prince to bring about the gospel revolution of grace, I asked the Lord what about grace, where is it in these revival meetings.....He told me that grace is the anchor to it!   So I am so happy to hear that Jesus and His grace are being preached there. 

When Jesus ministers to His bride, she should come away refreshed, feeling that she is without spot or wrinkle or any sort of condemnation and guilt!  That is the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!