His Grace Oasis

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: JTM³ on December 14, 2008, 08:19:55 pm

Title: Intel Finishes Work On 32-nm Production Process
Post by: JTM³ on December 14, 2008, 08:19:55 pm
http://www.informationweek.com/news/hardware/processors/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=212400246&subSection=Macintosh+Platform

32nm!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Intel Finishes Work On 32-nm Production Process
Post by: Pete on December 14, 2008, 08:35:18 pm
Did you see at the end of the article?  Not to be outdone, IBM is expected to announce their 22 nm process!

Because, you know, 10 nm makes all the difference.

(http://www.hisgraceoasis.com/Smileys/default/th_TFRD323.png)
Title: Re: Intel Finishes Work On 32-nm Production Process
Post by: JTM³ on December 14, 2008, 08:44:09 pm
Quote from: Pete on December 14, 2008, 08:35:18 pm
Did you see at the end of the article?  Not to be outdone, IBM is expected to announce their 22 nm process!

Because, you know, 10 nm makes all the difference.

(http://www.hisgraceoasis.com/Smileys/default/th_TFRD323.png)


No I haven't read the whole article yet. I DID read the dream one though! :D
Title: Re: Intel Finishes Work On 32-nm Production Process
Post by: lovesblessing on December 14, 2008, 09:25:30 pm
So how fast exactly is that? (http://www.hisgraceoasis.com/Smileys/default/th_TFRD323.png)

(http://www.hisgraceoasis.com/Smileys/default/winkcheeky.gif)
Title: Re: Intel Finishes Work On 32-nm Production Process
Post by: Pete on December 14, 2008, 09:30:31 pm
Quote from: lovesblessing on December 14, 2008, 09:25:30 pm
So how fast exactly is that? (http://www.hisgraceoasis.com/Smileys/default/th_TFRD323.png)

(http://www.hisgraceoasis.com/Smileys/default/winkcheeky.gif)


Nanometers is a measure of size, not speed.

(http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h128/petesarah/The_More_You_Know.jpg)
Title: Re: Intel Finishes Work On 32-nm Production Process
Post by: lovesblessing on December 14, 2008, 09:32:19 pm
So, what are they going to use this newbie for?
Title: Re: Intel Finishes Work On 32-nm Production Process
Post by: JTM³ on December 16, 2008, 02:41:02 pm
Quote from: lovesblessing on December 14, 2008, 09:32:19 pm
So, what are they going to use this newbie for?


Oh I dunno, maybe smaller CPUs?

(http://www.hisgraceoasis.com/Smileys/default/afro.gif)
Title: Re: Intel Finishes Work On 32-nm Production Process
Post by: Alpine on December 16, 2008, 11:31:49 pm
If only I could put one of those in my iphone...